Friday, February 01, 2008

Our Next Adventure!!

We are gearing up for our next adventure! This time we're going to Costa Rica! We'll be there from February 6th to March 12th. We've got some new swimming suits and backpacks and we're ready to go....just have to grab some sunscreen! I'm sure it will warm up around here in MN sometime soon, but I sure am excited to get away from this weather. It's been a cold winter and I'm ready to warm up. The temp in Costa Rica is right around 75-80 degrees...hmm....sounds nice. The key is to not pack too much stuff (like we did in New Zealand) because we're attempting to be real backpackers this time. It'll be just me and my sweets exploring this country. I've been trying to learn a bit of Spanish before we go, but I'm not the greatest when it comes to languages (sometimes it seems like I have a tough enough time with English! ;) I'll keep trying until we go and hopefully will pick some up when we're there. I'm hoping it will be good motivation for me to learn when I need it to communicate. We're going up to Drew's cabin for 5 days before we catch our flight, so we can relax and read a bit before our trip.
We've got a place booked for the first couple nights in San Jose and the rest is up in the air. It's nice to have such an open itinerary. If we find a city that we like, we'll stay for a bit. We'll be in the country for 35 days so we'll have to be on the move a bit more than in NZ, but it's still enough time to really get to know a few places. I've heard such good things about this country - I can't wait to see for myself!!

No comments: