Monday, February 09, 2009

Puerto Peñasco, Mexico

My aunt Donna, her friend (Toni), my friend (Katie), and I took off on a road trip, our sights set on Mexico. From Phoenix, we drove through Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, some small border towns and straight on into Puerto Peñasco (Rocky Point). Puerto Peñasco is a touristy town on the Gulf of California where many travelers coming from Arizona visit from time to time. It was my first time in Mexico and I was thrilled. We had a great time, drank Tequila, ate shrimp tacos (only $1.50 and super good!), hung out at our fancy hotel and enjoyed the atmosphere. It was a great trip to Mexico - hopefully the first of many!




Katie took this one of me and my Auntie:


I'm pretty sure you're required to stop at JJ's Cantina while you're in the area.
These guys were very patient waiting for the scraps of the daily catch.





No comments: