Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Summertime at the cabin

We were lucky enough to get up to the cabin twice in July. Our first trip was over the 4th of July. Island Lake has a patriotic boat parade and we went all out for it. Our flag to boat ratio was unbeatable. SO much fun!


After the big parade and the 4th of July festivities, everyone else headed back home. I stayed at the cabin for 2 days by myself and it was incredibly relaxing. I spent my days drinking coffee and reading Martha Stewart magazines in the mornings, running and swimming in the afternoons, and watching the sunset from the boat in the evenings. I am still feeling the hypnotizing effects of this extreme peacefulness and relaxation. It was a wonderful way to start my summer off.

Our next trip up north was a couple of weeks later when Angela and Nancy were up there. We always have such a great time up there together. I am grateful to have such awesome in-laws!


Drew caught some big fish for a fish fry!

We watched the moon rise across the lake.


These are from the night we left. It was one of those soupy hot days. When the sun started to go down, it looked like the sky was on fire!


****UPDATE: We recently found out the we won the boat parade contest!! It was a unanimous decision that we were the first prize winners!! YES!!!!!

No comments: