Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Cabin - October 2011

We took a weekend trip up north and had a great time.Sometimes before we go, I get caught up in running around trying to get everything done and I start to wonder if I should even be going. But, once I get on the road and especially once I get up there, I can hardly remember what I was worried about getting done. It is good to take breaks... especially when working full time, running a small business, and going to grad school. :-)

Anyway, this cabin trip was wonderful. We got in late at night and were so happy to be there when we woke up. The sun was coming up (around 8am) and the lake was foggy and gorgeous. I put on my boots and sweater to walk down to the lake. Just as I closed the door behind me, I heard a loon call and saw an eagle fly over head. I thought, "Ahhh...cabin." 






As the sun came up, the lake started to look like it was on fire.


This won't be a big deal soon when there is snow everywhere, but this is the first we've seen of it this year. The ground was full of these little hail balls. They melted when the sun came out.

Stroopie!

Three little birds












Our awesome friends came up for a night to join in on the cabin festivities. :)

No comments: