Thursday, November 09, 2006

Arriving in Auckland

The rest of my Oxford trip went great! I wanted to blog more and put some pictures up, but I wasn't able to get online very much. Plus, I was pretty busy with the wedding, which was wonderful by the way. The day flowed very well and I think everyone had a great time. I loved shooting it! The church was small and super old, with gravestones all over the grounds. It was perfect! The reception was at a pub and they had great food. It was so neat to be there talking and getting to know all of those English people. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The day after the wedding, Alycia, Jon and I went to Oxford to take some photos. We rushed around Oxford before the sun went down, them dressed in their wedding outfits and me with my camera. The day before I left, Heather and I met Lottie at Windsor and I was able to explore the castle. That was really the only touristy thing I did on this trip, which worked well for me because I had already done a lot of that tourist stuff when I studied there. Anyway, the trip was really amazing and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to do that. I will hopefully some day have wireless and be able to post some pictures for you all. I think Jen might put some on the Serendipity blog, so you all should check that out too (www.serendipityphoto.com).

Anyway, I am now in Auckland, New Zealand!!! We left on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday. Today is Friday here and Thursday in the states. It doesn't make too much sense to me yet, but I'm sure it will sink in at some point. Yesterday, we were super tired and confused all day. It felt more like a weird dream than anything else. We tried to stay up as long as we could, but ended up taking a nap. It was fine though because we were still able to sleep last night. We are staying in a hostel, which is an adjustment for the three of us. There are two other people staying in our room and we have to share a bathroom and shower with the rest of the floor. We are just not used to that, but I feel better about it today than I did yesterday when I just wanted to sleep. It was pretty cold and windy yesterday too, which didn't help. It is a lot nicer out today and I think we will do some more exploring. It doesn't seem like we will stay in Auckland for too long, but who knows. We are going to have our orientation today, so that will give us some more information on living and working here. Bunac seems like a good resource and a great place to hang out and figure some of the details of living here out. Everything is still very much so up in the air. I hope you all are well and I will try to keep you updated as much as I can! Love you all!

No comments: