Monday, March 12, 2007

Te Anau

I was really looking forward to getting to Te Anau. Dunedin was a pretty cool city, but I felt ready to get to another small town. Te Anau is most famous for its natural beauty and its close access to fiordland. You can start the Kepler Track from there and drive to the Milford Sound. We mainly stopped there because we were interested in going to the Milford Sound. Te Anau is full of souvenior shops, restaurants, and information and booking centers. Its real beauty is Te Anau Lake and the mountains behind it.
When we arrived the sun was lower in the sky and the lake was calm. Drew and I went to the water for a walk and found the greatest swing in the whole world. I'm serious - I think it must be the best one ever made. You should have seen the smile on my face. Here is a photo that Drew took of me on the swing:

Here are a few of the images we saw at the lake. I really loved being there. Our time here in New Zealand is starting to run out, so we couldn't stay long (plus nature decided to give us a bit of a shower for the next few days).





No comments: