Friday, April 20, 2007

Sweet Home Minnesota

After traveling by plane for 20 hours or so, we landed in MSP and got to hug our families. It has felt pretty good to be back home. After a few days we got our sleeping schedules pretty close to normal and we even got to witness the last snow fall of the year. It was unreal to wake up and see the ground blanketed in white after being in Fiji less than a week earlier. It melted within a couple of days and it feels like spring has arrived. We have been lucky enough to have beautiful weather on our trip and to miss the harshness of the winter here. But, we still appreciate these days in the beginning of spring. The air is so crisp and clean and we know that summer is on its way.

Anyway, it has been really great to be able to see our families and friends and to live in comfort for a while. Traveling takes a lot of sacrifice and getting used to being out of your comfort zone. It is all worth it and it makes me realize how easy we have it. But, I am, of course, not done traveling. I love it so much! I seeing traveling as investing in yourself. I plan to continue writing and posting photos in this blog of future trips in Minnesota and elsewhere. (Drew and I are off to California in a couple of weeks for a friend's wedding. I look forward to driving around the vineyards there.)

I just had to post one snow scene. (I'll get some MN spring pictures up soon.)

1 comment:

Erich said...

hey, glad to see that you arrived in one piece :)
We are still out of our comfort zone but we still enjoy it pretty much, even if stucked in famous Cochabamba.
Many hugs and hope to see u soon (maybe on our wedding:)