Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Traveling around the Island

Once we got a set of wheels, we were off to see the Oahu outside of Waikiki. It's so beautiful! I got to see some of the places I remember from when I lived here 8 years ago (time flies). I got to drive on my favorite road in the world! :)
This one is a view from that road:
Waimea Bay: huge waves make this spot SO much fun to swim in!
This is on the North Shore at the Pipeline Masters. The waves are crazy big this year. I could watch them and the surfers all day...


East coast:
West coast: (we really did travel around the island!)
This is the Byodo-In Temple. It's on the East coast of the island in the Valley of the Temples. It is a very peaceful place to visit. It is suggested to go at sunrise to see the sun shine on the mountains behind it and on the 30 ft. Buddha inside.






1 comment:

Sam said...

Koi!