Monday, August 16, 2010

Goodbye Hawaii

Oh, Hawaii. What to say... It was an amazing trip. We learned so much and experienced life and true love. I went to Hawaii hoping to start on a new path in life and a new path is what I found. This magical place showed me how much fun and how rewarding it is to teach. It let me see my sweetie's eyes in front of the deep blue ocean. It gave me a peaceful, simple life. A beautiful, surprising, inspired life. I worked with the most amazing children and teachers. I swam, surfed, hiked, ran, explored and just simply lived. It was good. It is a place that I hold dear to my heart and a place I will continue to be amazed by.

Our apartment on Hakuola Road:

Our Church (Lili'uokalani):

Our favorite (and only on the north shore) Thai Restaurant:

The famous Surf n' Sea:
If you ever need a job:





Shave Ice:

The Duke:


Hawaiian style:

This was on sacred ground near Waimea Bay:

Ka'ena Point. This is a place where souls will join their ancestors.

Me and Kahu Rennie Mau:

Lost?


A sleeping seal:


Goodbye. Aloha nui loa, a hui hou.

1 comment:

Drew Boatman said...

O kou aloha no
Aia i ka lani
A `o Kou `oia `i`o
He hemolelo ho`i

Ko`u noho mihi `ana
A pa`ahao `ia
`O `oe ku`u lama
Kou nani ko`u ko`o

Mai nânâ `ino`ino
Nâ hewa o kânaka
Akä e huikala
A ma`ema`e nô

No laila e ka Haku
Ma lalo o kou `êheu
Kô mâkou maluhia
A mau loa aku nô

Âmene