Monday, August 16, 2010

My Tokyo dreams come true!

Back in Tokyo, we spent our last day walking around this great city and talking about how wonderful the trip was.







I mentioned to Drew that the only thing that I didn't do that I really wanted to, was to sit on the floor on the tatami mats at a traditional restaurant. Well, that and to sing karaoke. We had no idea how to find a restaurant like that. As we walked, Drew suggested that I should will it to happen. I saw a building across the street and said, "there it is." There wasn't any indication that the place was even a restaurant, but we walked over there and I peeked in. And, guess what! It was exactly what I was looking for! Not only that, but it had a small menu in English to explain what food they served and how we were to cook it. It was the greatest thing!! I was so happy!


So cool!




Well, we were feeling so good after that meal, we figured we should probably rent a karaoke room! It was probably the funnest thing I've ever done!! I am a terrible singer, but it doesn't matter. It's a chance to let loose!

Thank you very mucho!
I need a heeeeerOO!


We ended the night going back to the Senso-ji to see it all lit up. Wow! Japan, you've outdone yourself.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Monkey obstacle course!

Drew Boatman said...

My Tokyo Dream ALSO includes a monkey in a diaper!

Man, that pagoda, with the moon? Was it really like that? Did that happen?