Monday, August 16, 2010

Kurashiki

Kurashiki is a delightful place to spend an afternoon. We walked along the canals and enjoyed this small, picturesque town.





While I was taking pictures of these girls in traditional dresses, there were two people behind me taking pictures of me. It was pretty funny.


This is the infamous lunch where I ordered "potatoes" and got a raw egg in a bowl. :p

It is so fun to walk around and explore. There are shrines all over and it felt like everywhere we went was holy in some way.

Lots of prayers:


This is a horoscope wheel based on your animal sign:

Kurashiki was so enjoyable. Before we left the station, this clock struck 5:00 and opened up for a five minute show. :)

1 comment:

Drew Boatman said...

At least two of the "panels" on that rotating clock involved some sort of family fighting. I think one was a woman slamming down the window on her child's hand. Go Japan!