Monday, August 16, 2010

I think this blog could use some more pictures of Osaka

Since we stayed in Osaka, we got to experience at least some of it everyday.

This is the Moss Man Shrine that we found close to our hotel. When people come to pray here, they throw water on it. People have done it so much that moss covers the statues.


Here is a picture of our Holiday Inn type of hotel. We got a great deal on it and it served as a jump off point to explore the area.
Okonomiyaki time!

Okonomiyaki is whatever you want it to be. It is served in pancake form but the ingredients vary. The word itself means "what you like" or "what you want." It was probably my favorite thing to eat in Japan.

Carp Curry? No thanks.


This was St. Patrick's Day. After searching in vain for an Irish Pub in Osaka, we made friends with these guys at a small pub type, local Japanese restaurant. I wore my St. Patty's Day T-shirt and tried to explain that we were celebrating an Irish holiday. They seemed to think I was saying that I was from Ireland, so I gave up trying to explain it. They bonded with Drew through sports and were super nice. It was a St. Patrick's Day I'll never forget!


Getting goofy with some pop rocks!

NoodleGoo? Double no thank you!


Oh no! We've wondered into the love hotel district!
Hmm... would you like just a rest or a night of sleep?


We freaking loved our Japan Rail passes! They saved us tons of money and allowed us to travel all over with ease.

Time to leave the Kansai Region and take the Shinkansen back to Tokyo. Peace out, Osaka!

No comments: